In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, the UNC system has canceled all campus-based events including those at the Friday Center. As a result, the NCCRA has to cancel our annual symposium, scheduled at that location for March 26th and 27th. Although we are disappointed by this turn of events, the safety of our membership and the greater community obviously takes precedence.
As you know the work of the NCCRA and the benefits of membership extend beyond the symposium. The organization supports its membership and the field of cardiopulmonary rehab through:
- Support of the NCCRA website which provides information relevant to our membership and our field
- Regular communication and support of our members through social media and email
- Support of AACVPR Day on the Hill efforts and advocacy throughout the year
- Regional meetings to provide membership education and networking opportunities
- Promotion of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services at all levels
- Connectivity to AACVPR
- Continuing education credits for the annual symposium as well as the regional meetings
- Support of the NC speakers at the AACVPR national symposium
This work is made possible through the monies gained from membership fees and the annual symposium. Despite the cancelation of the symposium, we ask that our membership consider allowing us to retain their membership dues and only requesting a refund for the symposium registration. This would allow us to continue the work mentioned above and maintain the financial viability of our organization. For those who typically pay for registration and membership at the symposium we hope you will consider proceeding with completing the membership process and just paying through the website or by mail.
Please direct correspondence about reimbursements to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your organization/hospital was the one to pay for your symposium registration, please include information about the specific process at your facility when processing a refund.
We are already looking ahead to the 2021 Annual Symposium and hope that you will make plans to join us. It is planned for March 4-5, 2021.